Business Unit Manager – Centri®
Reports to: Business Unit Director
Location: UK/ Frankfurt /Germany
The purpose of this role is to sustainably build and drive global sales growth for Markes’ new fully-automated GC sample introduction system; Centri.Harnessing the world’s leading GC automation platform and Markes’ unequalled expertise in cryogen-free focusing, Centri offers an innovative combination of sorptive extraction, headspace-trap, thermal desorption and SPME all in one robust, automation platform that can be added to any major brand of GC/GCMS. Since Centri was launched earlier this year, market response has been overwhelming.
The new Centri Business Unit Manager will be responsible for building a leadership position for Centri to complement Markes’ current leadership of the global thermal desorption business. This will allow us to meet growing customer demand for versatile VOC and SVOC analytical solutions across an extended range of GC applications; including water analysis, dairy products, beverages and foods.
This vital and exciting post will head up the growing Centri Product Marketing and Product Management team and will report directly to the Technical Marketing Director. The role forms an important part of the company’s overall strategy for business growth.
expansion and refinement of the Centri product portfolio as required:
- Continually soliciting input for new products
and product capabilities via
- Working closely with the product engineering
team to ensure timely execution of relevant projects
- Pursuing synergistic relationships with
potential providers of third party products to enhance or complete the
- Develop, continuously reassess and own the messaging and positioning of the Centri product line
- Prioritise development of the applications / proof statements required to support the sales team
- Drive new product launches internally and externally - planning and leading organisation of the necessary sales training, marketing activities and communication strategy
- Monitor all competitive activities and responding appropriately generating the necessary marketing/sales documentation
- Work closely with the Marcom team to:Maintain and improve Markes products’ market profile and awareness
- Plan, develop and drive relevant product marketing messaging, collateral and campaigns to equip the sales channels to deliver the messages and to expand the Company’s CRM
- Participate in events, contributing to relevant scientific or trade press
- Optimising our use of the web and B2B social media to promote Markes’ solutions in the markets of interest
development and support:
- Own a network of motivated “sales champions” and
support specialists that will pro-actively identify new accounts and develop
new relationship with the relevant market gurus and opinion leaders in key
- Develop new marketing material, and sales
collateral to support the Company’s wider distribution channels in selling its
- Proactively drive Sales and distribution channels
via joint customer visits, support of
events, regular e-news bulletins, etc.
Metrics and team management:
- Closely monitor all aspects of Centri business
performance at all times including; sales numbers, ROI on commercial
initiatives, profit margins, delivery times, market share, etc
- Team management (including appointment where required) of Centri business unit
personnel – product managers and product marketing specialist
The successful candidate will be ambitious & self-motivated with an innate and proven drive for Business Development, and a passion for technology and innovation.
They will ideally
- Have a proven track record in selling or marketing sample handling products in gas chromatography or a related analytical instrument sector
- Have a degree or higher degree in a scientific and / or business discipline; alternatively they will have demonstrated a robust level of continual professional development within their career path
- Have a strong theoretical and practical knowledge of gas chromatography across a number of application areas.
- Have a good technical background in GCMS and its sampling techniques
- Have direct hands-on experience of some of the common sample handling techniques for GC e.g. headspace; SPME; purge-and-trap and thermal desorption
- Have excellent management skills and a strong team mentality
- Have an aptitude for business development in general and be able to demonstrate a successful track record of achievement.
Complementary skills and experience include:• Experience with Salesforce CRM; Pardot; SAP Business 1 would all be beneficial
A second language – particularly Mandarin Chinese; Spanish; Portuguese or Hindi - would be beneficial
role description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to
be performed by employee(s) in this position. Employees will be required to
follow any other job related instructions and to perform any other job‐related
duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
Thermal Desorption (TD) Associate Product Marketing Manager
Reports to: TD Product Marketing Manager
Location: Llantrisant, UK
Maintaining the company’s leadership and reputation for innovation in thermal desorption is critical for the company’s long-term growth plans. This vital and exciting post will report to the Thermal Desorption (TD) Product Marketing Manager and form a key part of the Markes International marketing team.
The TD Associate Product Marketing Manager will be working with the Product and Vertical Marketing Teams and the TD Product Manager, colleagues from Sales and the Business Unit / Product Department to develop, continually reassess and implement a strategy for optimising growth of Markes’ core thermal desorption instrument business across all applicable markets and geographies.
It will involve the following responsibilities:
Strategy and Business Development:
- Working in close liaison with the TD marketing manager and the business development team pro-actively investigate new market opportunities – e.g. evolving customer needs, market trends, new technologies, regulatory changes and competitive activity – and oversee the objective assessment, quantification and prioritisation of associated new product requirements
- In close collaboration with the product team ensure timely execution of new product developments
- Drive new product launches internally and externally planning the necessary sales training, marketing activities and communication strategy.
TD product marketing:
- Update, continuously reassess and ultimately own the messaging and positioning of Markes TD products
- Monitoring all competitive activities and responding appropriately generating the necessary marketing/sales documentation
- Closely working with the Marcom team to:
- Maintain Markes’ TD market profile and awareness
- Plan, develop and drive relevant product marketing campaigns to generate new contacts in the Company’s CRM
- Participate in events, contributing to relevant scientific or trade press
- Optimising our use of the web and B2B social media
Sales support and motivation:
- Ensuring Markes’ various sales channels are trained and equipped to sell our TD products effectively
- Maintaining regular contact with Sales and distribution channels via joint customer visits, support of events, regular e-news bulletins, etc.
- Measure the sales effectiveness, by product, geography, etc. and drive the development of new sales channels for TD instruments when and where required
This role description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by employee(s) in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job related instructions and to perform any other job‐related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
Market Development Manager – Environmental Air
Reports to: Senior Market Development Manager
Location: Ideally Europe or USA
Optimising business growth of Schauenburg Analytics products globally within the established and rapidly expanding air monitoring markets – Ambient Air monitoring, Industrial emissions, Atmospheric monitoring and Industrial/Occupational hygiene.
This key role involves working closely with the company’s Business Units and Sales team to develop, continually reassess and implement a strategy for growth of Schauenburg Analytics core thermal desorption, TOF, GCxGC and associated accessories and consumables business to the air monitoring market. To identify, quantify and prioritise target market opportunities in this sector and in all relevant geographies and then implement and drive these priority projects.
The role involves, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Pro-active investigation of Air
market opportunities – by monitoring relevant regulatory and standard method
developments around the world, evolving customer needs, market trends, customer
activity/enquiries and competitive activity/strengths/weaknesses.
quantification and prioritisation of air-related market opportunities.
Maintenance of an effective
dialogue between commercial and business units. Work with the Sales teams to
support the customers and to feed information back to the Business Unit teams.
instruments/techniques that could complement the current product portfolio and
initiate relevant product development/sourcing projects.
Identify optimum distribution
channels/options for each targeted market opportunity – Do we have the right
sales channels to really take advantage of a major new opportunity and what do
we have to do to maximise their sales effectiveness/success in each case versus
the relevant competitors.
- Work alongside the Market
Development Manager and Marcom Manager to plan, implement, drive and monitor
the ROI of each prioritised target marketing campaign.
Prepare target-market specific
application & technical support materials and train the Sales team.
Create and participate in
webinars, seminars & conferences for customers around the world.
Prepare web materials and relevant
social media interactions including guru-customer referrals and generally
maximise the profile of the company in the air sector.
Identify key opinion leaders, for
the prioritised target opportunities in the respective key geographies, and
support technical collaborations with these influential customers.
Together with other Team members,
monitor own and competitor’s market share in the key segments
Actively participating in and
co-ordinating the Company’s strategic collaborations with organisations like
ASTM, ISO, EN, US EPA, US FDA, China EPA, etc. to direct and influence their
work in developing methods and norms that leverage the broader portfolio.
This role description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by employee(s) in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorised to give instructions or assignments.
- Education: Degree in relevant chemical science, preferably
- Experience in the analytical chemistry instrumentation industry,
preferably Gas Chromatography and Mass Spectrometry
- Knowledge and involvement with standard method agencies and
regulatory bodies in the field of environmental air monitoring, i.e. CEN, ISO,
- Fluent in
spoken and written English. A second relevant language would be desirable
(Chinese or European language preferred)
- Experience of social media platforms (ideally including WeChat and
Weibo) to drive engagement and community building
- Experience of Salesforce CRM is desirable
- The ideal
candidate is also located near a major airport hub, and is willing to travel globally,
up to 40% of the time
Analytical Decision Making:
considers broad business implications of proposed course of action.
consensus is achieved with key stakeholders where appropriate.
and responds proactively to the business needs of our Customers (Internal and
Identifies customer value and tailors proposed solutions
Uses network of personal and business contacts to build a
base of potential customers.
- Publishes articles establishing thought leadership.
- Speaks at industry/trade groups establishing thought leadership.
- Informs and actively contributes to the development of new products and solutions.
- Shows a strong bias for continuous improvement; is able to identify original and innovative approaches to achieve continuous improvement.
- Recognises and acts upon opportunities.
- Ensures that proposed solutions will meets true business objectives and can be realistically implemented.
- Demonstrates and promotes a desire for achievement for self and
- Demonstrates a high personal motivation to achieve.
- Determines business objectives to achieve strategic success.
- Develops and implements strategies to secure support for business proposals.
- Persuades colleagues of the value of alternative strategic options.
- Gains support for alternative options involving significant investment of resources.
Regional Sales Manager/Business Development Manager
Reports to: Commercial Director
This is a pro-active Regional sales and business development management role with direct regional sales responsibility Asia Pacific Region (excl. China & Russia) for all Schauenburg Analytics products including Markes International & SepSolve Analytical. The role will require developing direct sales & channel sales via various distribution partners. This is a development role and will have responsibility for developing sales channels and local support activities and resources.
- Significantly grow business for group products
- Development of Multi-year Strategic Sales Plan for the Region in line with company development plans and expectations.
- Development of sales via direct and indirect sales channels
- Development of regional support & service teams and related functions
- Development & implementation of regional service & technical support functions.
- Development of new and potential customers, markets & applications within the region
- Ensure a high level of customer satisfaction and maximise the company’s ongoing business with existing customers
- Support and development of OEM sales channels in the region
- Preparation and pro-active follow-up of quotations for instruments, consumables and services
- Regular reporting and updates of activity to Commercial Director and ensure that the company’s customer contact database and sales funnel (SFDC) is maintained and developed.
- Plan for and ensure involvement in relevant marketing activities in the region
- Review of customer orders to ensure technical compatibility
- Close cooperation with wider group resources to ensure coordination of activities and opportunities
This role description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by employee(s) in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
The successful candidate will be self-motivated with drive and enthusiasm for the business development, sales management & sales process. They will
- Significant experience in Technical Sales/Sales Management/Business development in related (Analytical) technologies and/or relevant markets
- have a degree (or equivalent) in Chemistry or other physical science or will have proven successful track record selling into the scientific community
- have extensive experience (5+ years min.) of related sales in the region
- have experience of developing and managing sales distribution/channel networks.
- experience of GC, GCMS instruments would be a distinct advantage
- have experience of developing implementing sales/business plans.
- have experience with key Microsoft Office software i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.
- be familiar with CRM software (Salesforce an advantage)
- experience managing people would be an advantage
- be articulate in both written and verbal communications and have strong interpersonal skills
- Language skills, English written and spoken fluently, additional regional language capabilities a distinct advantage
- have a meticulous attention to detail
The successful candidate will be provided with appropriate training during the probationary period, and there will be requirement to travel and stay away from home on a very regular basis depending on the needs of the business.
Chromatography Analytics Software Support Specialist
Reports into: Chromatography Data Analytics Team
Location: Llantrisant, or Peterborough UK
In this Customer Support role you will be responsible for delivering excellent technical support & training to our rapidly growing userbase. In addition, you will carry out evaluation/ testing of innovative applications for our Chromatography Data Analysis software and associated hardware products. The role is primarily office / laboratory-based at our Llantrisant or Peterborough facilities. Some travel will be required including to overseas locations. Work hours require flexibility to provide support across many time zones.
- Developing exceptional hands-on and theoretical knowledge of Chromatography software and related products
- Providing remote support of customer issues and questions by telephone, email and web sessions
- Meticulously documenting reported issues
- Collating field-observed issues and reporting these to product development teams as necessary
- Developing and demonstrating data processing methods
- Designing training materials for and providing training on various software applications
- Recognizing sales opportunities following customer communication for additional software, instrumentation, training etc.
- Contributing to the new product development process with input to software product specifications
This role description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by employee(s) in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, articulate, with strong communication & people skills and be eager to learn.
- A degree (or equivalent) in a Physical Science – e.g. Chemistry or Physics
- In-depth understanding and experience of GC or GC-MS systems
- An active interest in learning and using multi layered software packages, with an ability to quickly grasp the fundamentals of new features or packages and explain these concisely to others
- Proven ability in problem solving following a logical approach
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Articulate in both written and verbal communications
- Strong interpersonal skills with customers
- Have the ability to work independently, prioritising work and managing time efficiently
- Strong presentation skills
- In-depth understanding and experience of LC×LC or GC×GC systems
- Experience in creating video content and automated presentations
To apply for any of the above positions, please send your CV specifying which position you are applying for to email@example.com