Senior Field Service Engineer
Reports to: Customer Support Manager
This role involves service support of our entire portfolio of analytical instrumentation to our customers worldwide. You may be home based but you will be required to travel extensively throughout the UK and Europe as necessary and occasionally further overseas, potentially at short notice
- On-site installation, maintenance and repair of Markes’ Thermal Desorption (TD) and Time-of-Flight (TOF) Mass Spectrometers
- On-site installation, maintenance and repair of third-party analytical products e.g. Gas Chromatography (GC) when required
- Provision of service in accordance to customer’s entitlements (contract, warranty or channel partner assistance)
- Documenting fully each service visit within company CRM
- Managing escalated service situations through to completion
- Creating strong customer links in particular key accounts
- Reporting of field issues to product development and engineering teams as required
- Recognition of sales opportunities following customer communication for additional instrumentation, consumables, training etc.
This role description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by employee(s) in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job related instructions and to perform any other job‐related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, articulate, have strong communication and people skills and be eager to learn.
- a degree (or equivalent) in a Physical Science – preferably Chemistry
- a proven track record in analytical instrument field service
- Proven ability in problem solving following a logical approach.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Articulate in both written and verbal communications.
- Strong interpersonal skills with customers
- Dextrous and confident with repair of mechanical instrumentation.
- Have the ability to work independently, prioritising work and managing time efficiently.
- Hands on experience of GC and GC-MS equipment will be a significant advantage.
if you are interested in any of the above roles, please send your CV and covering letter outlining your suitability to email@example.com