Market Development Manager – Environmental Air
Reports to: Senior Market Development Manager
Location: Ideally Europe or USA
Optimising business growth of Schauenburg Analytics products globally within the established and rapidly expanding air monitoring markets – Ambient Air monitoring, Industrial emissions, Atmospheric monitoring and Industrial/Occupational hygiene.
This key role involves working closely with the company’s Business Units and Sales team to develop, continually reassess and implement a strategy for growth of Schauenburg Analytics core thermal desorption, TOF, GCxGC and associated accessories and consumables business to the air monitoring market. To identify, quantify and prioritise target market opportunities in this sector and in all relevant geographies and then implement and drive these priority projects.
The role involves, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Pro-active investigation of Air
market opportunities – by monitoring relevant regulatory and standard method
developments around the world, evolving customer needs, market trends, customer
activity/enquiries and competitive activity/strengths/weaknesses.
quantification and prioritisation of air-related market opportunities.
Maintenance of an effective
dialogue between commercial and business units. Work with the Sales teams to
support the customers and to feed information back to the Business Unit teams.
instruments/techniques that could complement the current product portfolio and
initiate relevant product development/sourcing projects.
Identify optimum distribution
channels/options for each targeted market opportunity – Do we have the right
sales channels to really take advantage of a major new opportunity and what do
we have to do to maximise their sales effectiveness/success in each case versus
the relevant competitors.
- Work alongside the Market
Development Manager and Marcom Manager to plan, implement, drive and monitor
the ROI of each prioritised target marketing campaign.
Prepare target-market specific
application & technical support materials and train the Sales team.
Create and participate in
webinars, seminars & conferences for customers around the world.
Prepare web materials and relevant
social media interactions including guru-customer referrals and generally
maximise the profile of the company in the air sector.
Identify key opinion leaders, for
the prioritised target opportunities in the respective key geographies, and
support technical collaborations with these influential customers.
Together with other Team members,
monitor own and competitor’s market share in the key segments
Actively participating in and
co-ordinating the Company’s strategic collaborations with organisations like
ASTM, ISO, EN, US EPA, US FDA, China EPA, etc. to direct and influence their
work in developing methods and norms that leverage the broader portfolio.
This role description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by employee(s) in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job related instructions and to perform any other job‐related duties requested by any person authorised to give instructions or assignments.
- Education: Degree in relevant chemical science, preferably
- Experience in the analytical chemistry instrumentation industry,
preferably Gas Chromatography and Mass Spectrometry
- Knowledge and involvement with standard method agencies and
regulatory bodies in the field of environmental air monitoring, i.e. CEN, ISO,
- Fluent in
spoken and written English. A second relevant language would be desirable
(Chinese or European language preferred)
- Experience of social media platforms (ideally including WeChat and
Weibo) to drive engagement and community building
- Experience of Salesforce CRM is desirable
- The ideal
candidate is also located near a major airport hub, and is willing to travel globally,
up to 40% of the time
Analytical Decision Making:
considers broad business implications of proposed course of action.
consensus is achieved with key stakeholders where appropriate.
and responds proactively to the business needs of our Customers (Internal and
Identifies customer value and tailors proposed solutions
Uses network of personal and business contacts to build a
base of potential customers.
- Publishes articles establishing thought leadership.
- Speaks at industry/trade groups establishing thought leadership.
- Informs and actively contributes to the development of new products and solutions.
- Shows a strong bias for continuous improvement; is able to identify original and innovative approaches to achieve continuous improvement.
- Recognises and acts upon opportunities.
- Ensures that proposed solutions will meets true business objectives and can be realistically implemented.
- Demonstrates and promotes a desire for achievement for self and
- Demonstrates a high personal motivation to achieve.
- Determines business objectives to achieve strategic success.
- Develops and implements strategies to secure support for business proposals.
- Persuades colleagues of the value of alternative strategic options.
- Gains support for alternative options involving significant investment of resources.
Regional Sales Manager/Business Development Manager
Reports to: Commercial Director
This is a pro-active Regional sales and business development management role with direct regional sales responsibility Asia Pacific Region (excl. China & Russia) for all Schauenburg Analytics products including Markes International & SepSolve Analytical. The role will require developing direct sales & channel sales via various distribution partners. This is a development role and will have responsibility for developing sales channels and local support activities and resources.
- Significantly grow business for group products
- Development of Multi-year Strategic Sales Plan for the Region in line with company development plans and expectations.
- Development of sales via direct and indirect sales channels
- Development of regional support & service teams and related functions
- Development & implementation of regional service & technical support functions.
- Development of new and potential customers, markets & applications within the region
- Ensure a high level of customer satisfaction and maximise the company’s ongoing business with existing customers
- Support and development of OEM sales channels in the region
- Preparation and pro-active follow-up of quotations for instruments, consumables and services
- Regular reporting and updates of activity to Commercial Director and ensure that the company’s customer contact database and sales funnel (SFDC) is maintained and developed.
- Plan for and ensure involvement in relevant marketing activities in the region
- Review of customer orders to ensure technical compatibility
- Close cooperation with wider group resources to ensure coordination of activities and opportunities
This role description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by employee(s) in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job related instructions and to perform any other job‐related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
The successful candidate will be self-motivated with drive and enthusiasm for the business development, sales management & sales process. They will
- Significant experience in Technical Sales/Sales Management/Business development in related (Analytical) technologies and/or relevant markets
- have a degree (or equivalent) in Chemistry or other physical science or will have proven successful track record selling into the scientific community
- have extensive experience (5+ years min.) of related sales in the region
- have experience of developing and managing sales distribution/channel networks.
- experience of GC, GCMS instruments would be a distinct advantage
- have experience of developing implementing sales/business plans.
- have experience with key Microsoft Office software i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.
- be familiar with CRM software (Salesforce an advantage)
- experience managing people would be an advantage
- be articulate in both written and verbal communications and have strong interpersonal skills
- Language skills, English written and spoken fluently, additional regional language capabilities a distinct advantage
- have a meticulous attention to detail
The successful candidate will be provided with appropriate training during the probationary period, and there will be requirement to travel and stay away from home on a very regular basis depending on the needs of the business.
Chromatography Analytics Software Support Specialist
Reports into: Chromatography Data Analytics Team
Location: Llantrisant, or Peterborough UK
In this Customer Support role you will be responsible for delivering excellent technical support & training to our rapidly growing userbase. In addition, you will carry out evaluation/ testing of innovative applications for our Chromatography Data Analysis software and associated hardware products. The role is primarily office / laboratory-based at our Llantrisant or Peterborough facilities. Some travel will be required including to overseas locations. Work hours require flexibility to provide support across many time zones.
- Developing exceptional hands-on and theoretical knowledge of Chromatography software and related products
- Providing remote support of customer issues and questions by telephone, email and web sessions
- Meticulously documenting reported issues
- Collating field-observed issues and reporting these to product development teams as necessary
- Developing and demonstrating data processing methods
- Designing training materials for and providing training on various software applications
- Recognizing sales opportunities following customer communication for additional software, instrumentation, training etc.
- Contributing to the new product development process with input to software product specifications
This role description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by employee(s) in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job‐related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, articulate, with strong communication & people skills and be eager to learn.
- A degree (or equivalent) in a Physical Science – e.g. Chemistry or Physics
- In-depth understanding and experience of GC or GC-MS systems
- An active interest in learning and using multi layered software packages, with an ability to quickly grasp the fundamentals of new features or packages and explain these concisely to others
- Proven ability in problem solving following a logical approach
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Articulate in both written and verbal communications
- Strong interpersonal skills with customers
- Have the ability to work independently, prioritising work and managing time efficiently
- Strong presentation skills
- In-depth understanding and experience of LC×LC or GC×GC systems
- Experience in creating video content and automated presentations
To apply for any of the above positions, please send your CV specifying which position you are applying for to firstname.lastname@example.org