Kori-xr The ultimate solution for monitoring polar species in humid gas samples.
Kori-xr addresses the problem of analyte loss when removing water from humid air streams, allowing high‑sensitivity analysis of polar species, oxygenates and monoterpenes in humid environments, sampled on-line or using canisters.
Who uses Kori-xr?
Kori-xr is ideal for laboratories needing to carry out on-line or canister analysis of humid air streams while avoiding the loss of polar species and ultra-volatiles that can occur with other approaches to water management.
- High-sensitivity on-line analysis of C2 compounds, non-polar C3+ compounds, monoterpenes and polar VOCs in humid environments.
- Part-per-trillion detection limits are easily achievable when used in conjunction with regular GC–quad MS.
- Enhanced retention of the above species compared to a Nafion™ dryer or a trap temperature of 25°C.
- Increased productivity through simultaneous analysis of very volatile organic compounds and polar & non-polar species in humid samples.
- Improved chromatography due to rigorous removal of water.
- An electrically cooled trap selectively removes water prior to analyte focusing.
- Efficient water removal – Trapped water is expelled to vent from the Kori-xr trap at the same time as sample desorption from the UNITY-xr focusing trap, without increasing sampling or analysis times.
- Compatible with UNITY–CIA Advantage-xr canister analysis systems and UNITY–Air Server-xr on-line monitoring systems. Either configuration can also include 100-tube analysis with the ULTRA-xr.
Kori-xr was developed in collaboration with the National Centre for
Atmospheric Science (NCAS) at the University of York. It was co-funded
by the UK’s innovation agency (Innovate UK), the Natural Environment
Research Council (NERC) and the Welsh Government under the Knowledge
Transfer Partnership program.