Kori-xr An innovative approach for monitoring polar species in humid environments
The Kori-xr option for Markes International's 'xr' series of thermal desorbers addresses the problem of analyte loss when removing water from humid air streams, allowing high‑sensitivity analysis of polar species, oxygenates and monoterpenes in humid environments, sampled on-line or using canisters.
Who uses Kori-xr?
Kori-xr is ideal for laboratories needing to carry out on-line or canister analysis of humid air streams while avoiding the loss of polar species and ultra-volatiles that can occur with other approaches to water management.
- High-sensitivity on-line analysis of C2 compounds, non-polar C3+ compounds, monoterpenes and polar VOCs in humid environments.
- Improved retention of the above species compared to a Nafion™ dryer or a trap temperature of 25°C.
- Improved chromatography due to rigorous removal of water.
- An empty trap, held at –30°C,
selectively removes water prior to analyte focusing.
- Efficient water removal – trapped water is expelled from the Kori-xr trap at the same time as sample desorption from the UNITY-xr focusing trap.
- Compatible with UNITY–Air Server-xr on-line monitoring systems and UNITY-xr–CIA Advantage canister analysis systems.
Kori-xr was developed in collaboration with the National Centre for
Atmospheric Science (NCAS) at the University of York. It was co-funded
by the UK’s innovation agency (Innovate UK), the Natural Environment
Research Council (NERC) and the Welsh Government under the Knowledge
Transfer Partnership program.