Micro-Chamber/Thermal Extractor Fast sampling of emissions from products and materials
The Micro-Chamber/Thermal Extractor™ (µ-CTE™) is a versatile and compact unit with up to six small cylindrical chambers that enables the sampling of chemicals released from products or materials. Released volatile and semi-volatile organic compounds (VOCs and SVOCs) are collected onto sorbent tubes for analysis by TD–GC–MS.
A practical tool for rapid emission screening in R&D or as part of routine factory production control, the Micro-Chamber/Thermal Extractor can be used to check surface or bulk emission profiles, and can also be used to assess raw materials and compare products across a range.
Who uses the Micro-Chamber/Thermal Extractor?
The Micro-Chamber/Thermal Extractor is perfect for anyone needing to sample VOCs or SVOCs emitted from products and materials. Applications range widely, from emissions screening of construction materials, consumer products and car trim to profiling the aroma or fragrance or foods and consumer products.
- Save time and money by minimising the need for third-party reference tests.
- Convenient and fast – test multiple samples in minutes, not days, for efficient quality control.
- Confidence in results – Data from the Micro-Chamber/Thermal Extractor has been shown to correlate with longer-term reference-test results.
- Avoid tedious and time-consuming sample preparation – simply place your sample in the microchamber.
- Complies with international standard methods ISO 12219-3 (interior air of road vehicles) and ASTM D7706 (rapid screening of VOC emissions from products).
- Peace-of-mind – you are buying a quality product from the recognised leader in thermal desorption instrumentation.
- The four-chamber model has a chamber volume of 114 cm3 and a maximum temperature of 250°C.
- The six-chamber model has a chamber volume of 44 cm3 and a maximum temperature of 120°C.
- Volatiles are collected on sorbent tubes for analysis by TD–GC–MS; also compatible with DNPH cartridges for formaldehyde monitoring.
- No sample preparation needed – simply place the material in the chamber.
- A constant flow of heated air or gas ensures rapid production of a representative VOC/SVOC profile.
- Results can be correlated with longer-term reference methods – see Application Notes 069 and 073.
- Construction from inert-coated stainless steel – compatibility with reactive or thermally labile chemicals.
- Accessories allow surface-only sampling or permeation testing.
- Accessories include: