Sample screening made easy with ChromCompare
Integral to the TOF-DS software package is the innovative ChromCompare® module. ChromCompare saves time and effort when comparing GC–MS profiles and offers two major advantages:
- Automated and objective fingerprinting of complex profiles, e.g. for quality control or data classification.
- Fast and reliable screening of large numbers of chromatograms for indicative target compounds.
At-a-glance visualisation of key components
ChromCompare distils the information-rich chromatographic data sets generated by BenchTOF into line chromatograms or ‘H-Plots’, in which the bar heights are proportional to the peak areas of target components. H-Plots are independent of retention time and can be displayed by compound type or any other user-selected parameter.
Simple and objective comparison of samples
Pairs of H-Plots are compared/processed using statistically-defensible algorithms, generating a match factor that removes issues of subjective judgement or operator skill from the entire analysis. Match factors from multiple pair-wise comparisons can be displayed in a matrix to aid rapid identification of anomalous samples.
Key advantages of ChromCompare include:
- The time-independent H-plot display simplifies data review and allows data to be included from multiple methods and systems, and from libraries of historical reference data.
- Statistically-robust, numerical match factors provide an objective comparison of complex chromatograms.
- Critical compounds can be weighted to increase their significance in the matching process, ensuring minor but significant differences are not overlooked.
- Sample batches can be ‘averaged’ into a single H-plot to account for natural sample variation, thus eliminating false negatives and minimising false positives.
Click on an image for a larger view.